Join us for our biggest event of the year! The SDPCA Annual Holiday Party!
Holiday Party, Potluck, and Silent Auction
Saturday December 9th from 11am to 2pm
Silent Auction from 11am to noon only
First Church of the Brethren - 3650 Westgate Place, San Diego, CA 92105
Public Transportation: Bus 965 has a stop .2 miles from the venue
Join in the fun: The SDPCA Holiday Party is a great time to join RPCV friends, meet & greet newly returned RPCVs, swap stories, bid on and take home new treasures from the silent auction, and enjoy the tasty treats from our potluck buffet. Be sure to join us!
Potluck: Our potluck luncheon is a highlight of the event -please bring a dish (salad, entree, dessert) to share. Special appreciation for dishes from Peace Corps countries!
Silent Auction: Your donations of silent auction items are welcomed and encouraged. Please email Lynne at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a donation pick-up by November 30th.The funds raised through the Silent Auction help support our work in the San Diego community and the projects of current PCVs through SDPCA’s International Support Fund (ISF). See list of items below.
Other Items for sale: SDPCA T-shirts and 2018 Peace Corps calendars will be available for purchase. Attendees also may pay SDPCA membership dues ($20) at the event.
Credit cards are accepted for all purchases.
Silent Auction Donors To-Date (11/5/2017)
Silent Auction donations continue to arrive from community restaurants, museums and arts/entertainment venues. Also, through the generous donations from RPCVs, a great variety of worldwide holiday gifts await your generous bids! Our up-to-date donor list includes the following:
- 2 tickets to City Ballet of San Diego
- 2 tickets to Cygnet Theatre
- 2 pairs of tickets (4 tickets) to Diversionary Theatre
- 2 Seafarer’s Passes to Hornblower Cruises
- 12 Meal cards and a box of swag from In-N-Out Burger
- 4 passes to Landmark Theatres
- 4 tickets to Museum of Making Music
- 4 passes to New Children’s Museum
- $25 Gift Card to OB People’s Market
- 4 passes to SD Air & Space Museum
- 4 tickets to SD Automotive Museum
- 4 tickets to SD History Center
- 4 tickets to SD Model RR Museum
- 2 VIP tickets to Museum of Man
- 4 tickets to the NAT
- 4 tickets to SD Repertory Theatre
- Certificate for Dinner for 2 at the Fish Market
- 2 general admissions to San Diego Museum of Art
- 4 single ride or attraction passes to Belmont Park
- 3 gift certificates for a deluxe car wash to Body Beautiful Car Wash
- 8 passes to Mingei International Museum
- 2 beginner climbing passes to Mesa Rim Climbing, Fitness, and Yoga
- $25 catering gift certificate to Rubio’s
- 4 tickets to Fleet Science Center
- 4 Clubhouse Season Admission Passes to Del Mar Racetrack
- 2 tickets to one performance of The Cake at the La Jolla Playhouse
- $40 gift certificate to Casa de Pico
- Benefit guest pass for 2 to Lamb’s Players Theatre
- 2 tickets to Museum of Photographic Arts
- 2 $25 gift cards to the Broken Yolk
- Passes to Disneyland
Global items/experiences donated by members:
- Stay in Albuquerque at Roger and Nancy Harmon's house
- Wine tasting hosted by Colleen Garrett
- Progressive dinner hosted by Vic Cuevas, Heather Ginsky,and Tina Verilli
- Composting and Garden workshop hosted by Lynne Graham and Marjory Clyne
- A traditional Romanian sarmale pot (photo)
- Beautifully designed loom-woven rug from Romania - 9' x 38".
- Multi-item package from Guatemala: Brilliant-colored jacket, never-used tablecloth and a wide-brimmed hat for man or woman.
- Original watercolor by Tony Van Hasselt of Booth Bay, Maine.
- Kyrgistan felt piece
- Nepal purse
- Mexican purse
- Kenyan bag
- Indian blouse
- Indian skirt and shawl
- Indian wood box
- Thai umbrella
- Indian mirrored pillow cover
- Bolivian sweater
- Ghana "dashiki"
- 100 year anniversary book of the SD Zoo
- Iron Candleholders
- Brass vase
- Nepali Yak Rug
- Maps of Nepal
- Blouses from Nepal