We are an active group of RPCVs who also value the continuation of Peace Corps. By advocating on behalf of Peace Corps we are a part of a national movement of RPCVs. Together we raise our voices to ensure our electeds know how important Peace Corps is not only for the communities where we worked but also for the communities we returned to. If you would like to get involved in this vital activity, please email Danielle at email@example.com.
What can YOU do right NOW?
- Click Here to Advocate for Health & Safety Legislation
- Click Here to Advocate for Refugees & Immigration Policy
- Learn what the National Peace Corps Association is advocating - https://advocacy.
Are you interested in getting even more involved?
- Join the SDPCA’s Advocacy Committee! Anyone can join and we will keep you posted about advocacy events and actions as needed.
- Become an Area Advocacy Coordinator. Currently we are seeking someone to be a coordinator in Duncan Hunter's District (50th). The goal is to have at least 5 coordinators to represent each district and work closely with the Advocacy Chair to:
- Organize 1 meeting each year with your representative and other area RPCV constituents
- Attend occasional meetings/phone calls to prepare for days of action
- Assist with year-round activities and campaigns when available
Please email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
Peace Corps Funding Stable for FY 2019
The Senate and House Appropriations Committees both gave approval last week to bills that give Peace Corps level funding of $410 million in Fiscal Year 2019. As the committee recommendations head next to the full Senate and House, NPCA President Glenn Blumhorst congratulates all Peace Corps community members who took action over the past months. See the
Tell your representative how much your Peace Corps service meant to you:
- Who is my Rep? https://www.house.gov/
- Rep district maps - contact information and names - http://wedrawthelines.ca.gov/maps-final-draft-cong...
Stayed tuned to find out when we are meeting with your representative.