COOKING FOR RACHEL'S WOMEN'S SHELTER
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Volunteers are needed to help provide a mid-summer dinner for Rachel's residents. Please call Karen Lindquist at 619/584-0784 to sign up to provide a food item or serving supplies for this special activity.
Our menu will include “Summer Salads and Refreshing Desserts”. Volunteers may choose to provide a salad OR a dessert OR water or Serving Supplies.
What We Need:
- (8) Salads
- (2) Desserts
- (4) Gallon-size Bottles of Water
- Sturdy Paper Plates (pack of 50-100)
- Paper Napkins (pack of 100)
- Paper or Styrofoam Cups (Pack of 100)
- Utensils (Forks, Knives, Spoons/ Packs of 50 each)
“Summer Salad” Suggestions:
- Potato Salad, Pasta Salad, Rice Salad, Cole Slaw, Three Bean Salad
- Tossed Green Salad, Corn Salad, Deviled Eggs
- Chicken or Tuna Salad
- Layered Salad with chopped Meats and Veggies
- or...Your own specialty salad.
Special Note: Please use disposable containers for salads and desserts!
Delivery of Items and Reimbursement of Expenses:
Volunteers are asked to bring their item to Karen's home (4915 Vista Place, San Diego 92116) on Sunday, July 12th between 3:30-4:30 p.m. Please bring your shopping receipt; you'll be promptly reimbursed!